In sync with the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century, Hebrew Academy recognizes the importance of technology in the educational process. For every subject and every program, we emphasize the integration of technology and modern communication techniques into the curricula. The educational process is no exception to this rule. Hebrew Academy provides its teachers and students access to SMART Boards and Internet connectivity in all elementary and high school classrooms. Additionally, we offer our students various IT resources and encourage the use of technology for notetaking, the completion of school projects, research, classroom and individual study. From science class and arts to languages and Tanach, we are constantly striving to develop our students’ curiosity and critical thinking, by exposing them to the world at large in a monitored and guided environment. Some of our most recent initiatives are highlighted below:
- An upgrade of our IT infrastructure: new laptops have been procured for students’ use, maintenance and upgrades have been applied to our existing computers, and we have ensured faster and more secure Internet service;
- Improvement of our network’s reliability and enhanced our IT tech support for all operations;
- Implementation of a newly revised educational technology curriculum, fully integrated with the subject matters;
- Ongoing educational IT support and training for teachers and office staff in the use of computers, the Windows environment and common office applications;
- Development of technology pilot programs, followed by a general transition to the “cloud”, through the use of Google Apps for Education;
- Enhanced communication with our constituents through emails, shared calendars, documents, forums and groups.