Our student services include access to support from a guidance counselor, special care councilor, school nurse, early intervention specialist, Hebrew remedial specialist, occupational therapist and speech language pathologist.
- Our school counselor is in school three days a week. Her role is to provide individual, small group or classroom intervention. Students may be referred by their parents, teachers or administration for psycho-social or emotional support.
- Our special care counselor is in school on a daily basis. She plays an active role in overseeing our lunch and recess programs. She is often the initial interventionist in helping to resolve or mediate student conflicts and works hand in hand with our school counselor.
- Our school nurse is in school for 2 ½ days per week. Her role is to oversee the medical needs of our students as well as provide education in the areas of nutrition, hygiene, body image and puberty.
- Our early intervention specialist works with students in Kindergarten, Grades 1 and 2. Teachers refer students who are experiencing difficulties in reading and decoding. Our specialist works with these students to strengthen reading and comprehension skills.
- Our occupational therapist provides a range of interventions for Kindergarten and Grade 1 students. These may include classroom observations and screening of students, student workshops, in-class strategies as well as support for parents. If more intensive individual therapy is required, the therapist may assist in the referral process to outside resources.
- Our speech language pathologist provides a range of interventions for Kindergarted and Grade 1 students. These may include classroom observations and screening of students, teacher or parent consultations, and small group interventions. She may also assist with treatment referrals. Parents or teachers of students in Grades 2 to 6 may request a screening through our school counselor.
- Our Hebrew remedial specialist works with students in Grades 2 and 3. Teachers refer students who are experiencing difficulties in reading and decoding. Our specialist works with these students to strengthen reading and comprehension skills.